Guiding with Grace: 50 Hour Advanced Teacher Training
with Meg McCraken and Shari Beard
Early bird deadline extended to August 14th!
Refine your authentic voice of clarity, love and connection. Whether you have:
- just completed your 200 Hour training and are a new teacher (teaching yet or not),
- been teaching for awhile and are seeking new insight and inspiration,
- the desire to steep yourself in an experience of the yogic teachings,
this training is designed to empower you to live wholeheartedly and take the potency of your teaching to the next level.
During this 6-day immersive advanced teacher training we will explore:
- How to courageously speak, guide and inspire from a place of clarity, authenticity and confidence, both when teaching and in our lives.
- Discovering and embracing how the teachings of yoga uniquely inspire and express through you.
- Creating classes that truly bring the practices of yoga to life for our students through:
- Advanced Sequencing
- Potent Queing
- Effective Theming
- Clear Adjustments
- Whole Being, Well-Being Practices
- Creating and holding sacred space.
- Expanding our toolboxes of practices with which we can create.
- Our capacity to be able to respond to the needs of our class and the individual clients within that group through:
- clear listening,
- honing our own intuition,
- increasing our capacity and confidence to explore and adapt in a moment.
- How to address trauma and power dynamics in the room.
- Practice teaching more advanced practices and poses, like:
- Yoga Nidra
- Cultivating powerful communities and nourishing connections.
- at least one juicy, healing, full-spectrum yoga practice,
- dynamic and engaging group discussions on the practices and philosophies,
- lots of time to work with each other and practice teach,
- some time for journaling and self reflection,
- many opportunities to connect and work with a tribe of diverse individuals and form meaningful relationships and friendships.
This 50 Hour Training is part of the AvAhana School of Yoga 300/500 Hour Advanced Training Certification Program. (Approved for Advanced Registration with Yoga Alliance). Those who complete this training will be awarded 50 Hours towards their AvAhana Advanced Certification, however you do not need to be enrolled in the full 300/500 hour program to participate in this training.
- Must have completed either the AvAhana 200 Hour Teacher Training, or comparable 200 Hour Training.
- OR be a serious student of yoga with a base knowledge of the foundational teachings of yoga, we will discuss this option on an individual basis.
Deposit – $300 to reserve your spot
In addition to the Deposit
Early Bird Rate: $450 if paid in full by August 14th (total of $750)
Regular Rate: $550 if paid in full after August 14th (total of $850)
All registrations must be paid in full by September 8th.
To Register, contact Emily at (530) 836-1500 or Emily@TrailsWithin.Com
Thursday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday 9:00am – 6:00pm
Sunday 9:00 – 6:00pm
Monday 8:00 – 3:00pm
About the AvAhana School of Yoga
Take your practice, teaching and your life to the next level of potential, fulfillment and expression through the AvAhana School of Yoga. Steeped in the rich, ancient Tantrik traditions, our mission is to provide practical and powerful tools for skilled and compassionate leadership that are relevant in today’s world. Through a wide variety of yogic teachings and models, we strive to help you cultivate greater presence, clarity and authenticity in order to create lasting, positive shifts for yourself and your life.
One of our core intentions is to provide lived experiences of the teachings of yoga. In this way, the philosophies truly come alive for each of us in a unique and powerful way, thus informing what and how we live, love, teach, guide and share.
If you are:
- seeking to deepen your experience of yoga,
- inspired to teach yoga in any capacity,
- already teaching and looking to re-ignite the fire of inspiration, creativity and potency of your teaching
Please join us for an incredible journey into the heart of yoga.
For those who have already completed a 200 Hour Program (Avahana or otherwise), we offer a 300 Hour Advanced Training Program to deepen your already seasoned relationship with yoga. This program is approved for the 500 Hour Yoga Alliance Registry by adding this 300 Hour Training to a previous Yoga Alliance Approved 200 Hour Training).
This program is designed to be elective. Choose the courses that feel the most interesting and inspiring to you. Once you have completed 300 Hours of Advanced Programs, you will receive an AvAhana 300 Hour Advanced Training Certificate (500 if you completed your 200 hours with us as well). You can register this certification through Yoga Alliance at the 500 Hour level if you have completed a Yoga Alliance approved 200 Hour course.
We offer a variety of 25, 50 and 100 Hour programs to help you dive deeper into what inspires your heart – from Advanced Sequencing, Refining Your Voice, Using Yoga as a Therapeutic Model, Subtle Body Anatomy, Chakras, the Art of Creating Healing Connections, Ayurveda, and more.
The Advanced Trainings are offered in a variety of beautiful destinations including the Tahoe Area in Northern California, Western Montana, Colorado, Costa Rica, Mexico, etc…
For more information on the AvAhana School of Yoga and a schedule of all of our trainings, visit: www.AvAhanaYoga.com.
Co-Founder, Lead Teacher of the AvAhana School of Yoga
Lover of life, yogini, trail runner, climber, snow boarder, mommy, writer, teacher, spiritual guide, activist and loyal friend on the path. Sometimes together, sometimes falling apart, but always inspired and empowered by love!
I am passionate about sharing the full, rich teachings of yoga (asana, pranayama, meditation, chanting, mudra, philosophy, poetry) in a truly experiential way that helps to positively transform our whole experience of being alive. Having worked as a yoga therapist for over a decade, I am continually inspired by the vitality of the human spirit and the power of yoga to help us tap into a deep source of well-being. I have been sharing the yoga life with all kinds of seekers for over 15 years and lead teacher trainings, workshops and retreats all over the world.
Hope to walk alongside you somewhere on the path soon… megmcraken.com
I love yoga and feel blessed to live and share the practice with the world. In the last 22 years of practice and 14 years of teaching, I have learned that life is one big journey of Self Love. I feel deep gratitude to be able to call the Tahoe/Truckee Area of California my home since 1994. The mountains and the community have supported great healing and self discovery for this being the last 23 years. Moved to the mountains for the skiing and climbing which I still love and partake, but much later found the deep fulfillment I was looking for in meditation. Privileged to be called mama by a sparkly 10 year old and a playful pup. Both wonderful gurus that keep me accountable to the practice.
You could say my background study is lots of years of Ashtanga, Iyengar and Anusara, i.e. asana junkie, but my interest of study is now more yoga psychology and how these beloved teachings affect all levels of our being. Supporting groups and individuals in the waking up process is an absolute passion. To be a part of conscious company is delicious to me and I envision my little town as a growing community of lovers, one meditator at a time. It has been an honor to teach beside Meg McCracken for the Wanderlust Teacher Training the last three years and am humbled to be a part of the AvAhana faculty.
Truly this journey will be beautiful together.
Cancellation Policy for Teacher Training’s at Trails Within
Space is on a first come, first served basis. Your spot is not guaranteed unless you prepay for it.
The $300 deposit will reserve your spot and is non-refundable.
Cancellations with a 30 day written notice will receive a full refund.
For cancellations 30-15 days before the training, only 50% of the cost is refundable.
There are no refunds for cancellations within 2 weeks of the start of the training, or if you do not show up, or leave the training early for any reason.
Thank you for understanding.