Spring Equinox Yoga Class with Emily
Friday, March 20th 4:30-5:45pm
Join Emily for an all levels yoga class to welcome Spring and cultivate the energetic qualities needed for health and harmony this season. This season represents change and renewal, creating an opportunity to cleanse ourselves of hibernating winter habits and find inspiration in nature as everything begins to come alive.
It seemed like a shame to not have any regularly scheduled classes on this special day – so now we have one! Let’s move and breathe and open to the possibilities of Spring, together, in our beautiful yoga community.
Regular class prices apply – $15 drop- in or use your class card.
Spring Equinox 108 OM Meditation
Friday, March 20th 6:00-6:45pm
Welcome Spring with us as we unite as a community together to recognize the Equinox on this special day. We will chant 108 OM’s together, in unison, followed by a short meditation. Come as you are – no experience is necessary. This gathering is free – everyone is welcome.
108 has long been considered a sacred number in Hinduism and yoga, and is also meaningful on so many levels, including these:
- 108 energy lines intersect in the Heart Chakra
- The diameter of the Sun is 108 times the diameter of the Earth
- The distance from the Sun to the Earth is 108 times the diameter of the Sun
- There are said to be 108 Indian goddess names
- Some say there are 108 feelings: 36 related to the past, 36 related to the present, 36 related to the future
- Some also say that if one is able to be so calm in meditation as to have only 108 deep breaths in a day, enlightenment will come.. and more!
The Power of Chanting Om
- The chanting of Om drives away all worldly thoughts and removes distraction and infuses new vigor in the body.
- When you feel depressed, chant Om fifty times and you will be filled with new vigor and strength. The chanting of Om is a powerful tonic. When you chant Om, you feel you are the pure, all pervading light and consciousness.
- Those who chant Om will have a powerful, sweet voice. Whenever you take a stroll, you can chant Om. You can also sing Om in a beautiful way. The rhythmic pronunciation of Om makes the mind serene and pointed, and infuses the spiritual qualifications which ensure self-realization.
- Those who do meditation of Om daily will get tremendous power. They will have luster in their eyes and faces.
Come to both events or to one –
Questions? Contact Emily@TrailsWithin.com or call (530) 836-1500