Summer Solstice 108 OM Meditation
Saturday, June 21st 5:30-6:15pm
Welcome Ssummer with us as we unite as a community together to recognize the Solstice on this special day. We will chant 108 OM’s together, in unison, followed by a short meditation. Come as you are – no experience is necessary. This gathering is free – everyone is welcome.
108 has long been considered a sacred number in Hinduism and yoga, and is also meaningful on so many levels, including these:
- 108 energy lines intersect in the Heart Chakra
- The diameter of the Sun is 108 times the diameter of the Earth
- The distance from the Sun to the Earth is 108 times the diameter of the Sun
- There are said to be 108 Indian goddess names
- Some say there are 108 feelings: 36 related to the past, 36 related to the present, 36 related to the future
- Some also say that if one is able to be so calm in meditation as to have only 108 deep breaths in a day, enlightenment will come.. and more!
The Power of Chanting Om
- The chanting of Om drives away all worldly thoughts and removes distraction and infuses new vigor in the body.
- When you feel depressed, chant Om fifty times and you will be filled with new vigor and strength. The chanting of Om is a powerful tonic. When you chant Om, you feel you are the pure, all pervading light and consciousness.
- Those who chant Om will have a powerful, sweet voice. Whenever you take a stroll, you can chant Om. You can also sing Om in a beautiful way. The rhythmic pronunciation of Om makes the mind serene and pointed, and infuses the spiritual qualifications which ensure self-realization.
- Those who do meditation of Om daily will get tremendous power. They will have luster in their eyes and faces.
Questions? Contact Emily@TrailsWithin.com or call (530) 836-1500